Pages

Friday 2 July 2021

Rugby Auckland Champs

 On Wednesday the year 7 & 8 girls took a girls team to compete in the Auckland champs for Rugby Union. We overall did really well and I think everyone should be proud of how we did. Some of my highlights were everyone backing each other up and having each others backs while running. That is actually how I got my second try of the day, I was backing up and running behind my player which had almost got a run away but unfortunately she got tackled so I backed her up by picking up the ball and scoring the try. My next highlight of the day were all the forwards blowing over. The forwards were amazing on the day at blowing over if you don't know what blowing over is its kinda like bridging over someone so the other team doesn't get the ball. And my last highlight of the day was how we didn't give up even when we were down by a few points. All of the girls had positive attitudes even if we didn't get the win we were all showing such good sportsman ship which in some cases is really hard. I just wanna say a quick thank you to Miss Timmi for training with us up and giving us all the amazing inspiring talks before our game, and a very big thanks to all the girls for actually participating and showing up. 21 Sport signs ideas | sports signs, rugby union, rugby logo

No comments:

Post a Comment