Pages

Thursday 20 February 2020

UNIQUE CELEBRATIONS


The topic that I chose was Unique Celebrations I am going to share how me and my family celebrate New years as a Samoan and Tokelau family.


First we all get ready for our annual New year's get together where my mums side and my dad's side meet and have talks about how life is going and how we are thankful for the things we have. Then we usually all go and swim in the pool that we all got for Christmas, it's pretty big so the max in the pool is about 13 or 14 people but we take turns going in and out every 20 minutes.


Then after we all finish swimming one by one we all have showers while the boys do the barbecue. They usually do sausages, pattys, and chicken pieces. After all the kids have been showered we all stay inside and watch TV until the food is ready. When the food is ready and has cooled down a bit more the older kids feed the little kids and then me and the older kids eat.


After all the eating is done then we all run and play outside. We play games like tag, rugby, and sometimes we go to the park just down the road and play there for about 30 minutes.


Usually after we play for a while we get ready to go to church. All of us get into our church clothes, do our hair put on our shoes then we all squeeze into two vans then we go to church. At church we thank the lord for all his blessings and all the amazing things that we have in life. While the church is waiting for 12:00am we play fun and exciting games like charades, hide and seek, and we also get to eat again.

When the clock strikes 12:00am we all write down our new year's resolutions (in Samoan) and then present it to the whole church. The order is always a little kid older kid than a parent. Then we have a sleepover a t the church and then the next day we go back home.


So that is how me and my Family celebrate New years as a Samoan and Tokelauan family. I hope you enjoyed learning about how my family and I celebrate New years.



How do you Celebrate New Years??


Task description: Today in literacy class we had to pick a topic to write about and I chose Unique celebrations. I explained how me and my family celebrate new years as a Samoan and Tokelauan family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment