Pages

Thursday 27 June 2019

Matariki Day

Today was a really fun day today because it was Matariki day today. Matariki is a Maori celebration and on Matariki day we all get split into different groups and do fun activity's. 


Today I got to go to cooking and arts and crafts with one of my good friends Nature. So our group was split into two so we rotated cooking and crafting. Me and Nature went to cooking first and we were baking yummy apple crumble muffins. So after all of the mixing was done, we all went out to morning tea. 

After morning tea we swapped groups so the people that went to cooking went to arts and crafts and the people that went to arts and crafts had to go to cooking. When I got to the arts and crafts room I went and sat next to my friend and we made colorful stars with paper,  scissors, and glitter. After making our stars me and Nature got to make some slime with Miss Mason.

After we finished making the slime we had to go and wash our hands so we could eat our lunch and the muffins that we baked earlier. So after lunch we came and sat on the mat and Miss Mason handed out the muffins for us to eat. They were very yummy and I wish I got more. 

After we all finished our muffins we got into a straight line and walked to the hall for assembly. When we got to the hall we saw the kapa haka people sitting on the stage. The once all the groups came to the hall the kapa haka group did there item. I loved it, then after a while the assembly was over and we got to go home for school holidays.     

No comments:

Post a Comment