Pages

Thursday 9 April 2020

Last day before quarantine

So since me and my family are board in quarantine  I decided to tell you how the last day before my quarantine went. Firstly me my sister and my dad went to our local meat store to grab a few things to chuck on the barbecue. We got all kinds of things like Patty's, Kebabs, and we also got a few fizzy drinks. Then after shopping for a little while my dad dropped us off to my Auntys house where we helped prep for the dinner. When we got dropped off there we were playing with our two cousins there names are Joscior and Johnny. We also got to see my baby cousin that was born just this year. After finishing setting up we bored so me and my sister started playing with the cards that they had, we played games like Speed, Last card, and also Lami ( Samoan card game).We were playing that for about an hour and a half and then my other Auntys and uncles came. Then we had to go sit down and pray to our heavenly father for blessing us with the food that we have and then my pa said a prayer that we would all feel and be safe for the quarantine. After our 35 minute prayer we started to eat all the yum food that we all brought. I would like to add that my favorite thing there was the mash potato and cottage pie. After we ate I got to hold my new born baby cousin for the first time I was trying to be extra careful with her because I didn't want to hurt her. I actually got to feed her milk. Later I gave the baby to her mum so that she can burp and then go have a nice sleep. About 2 hours later everyone had said there last goodbyes and I even started crying because I wanted to stay with my other Aunty, her name is Sieni I was named after her and I have a really strong bond with her. We like to bake and go shopping and all the fun things like that. She  promised me that after this quarantine is over that me and her can bake or cook whatever I want. When we got home I went to my room and thought of all the yum things we could make. 

2 comments:

  1. Kia ora Jane!
    Happy Easter to you and your whanau!
    It sounds like you had a great time catching up with lots of relatives before the lockdown started, especially with your baby cousin. What dishes will you make with your Aunty Sieni when we can visit people outside of our bubble? I think you are both going to be cooking up some delicious food!

    Look after yourself Jane - stay well, stay safe!
    Take care,
    Ms. Tapuke

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jane

    I really enjoyed reading this post from you. Thanks for sharing what you got up to just before the lockdown took place. It's great that you got the chance to catch up with your family before we all needed to stay at home. Many of us are really missing our friends and families. Luckily we have social media and Google Meets etc where we can catch up with others online. Keep posting and keep up with the great work.

    Mrs Lagitupu

    ReplyDelete