Pages

Friday 12 June 2020

School assembly

Today we had assembly for the first time in 98 days. It was fun to see everyone in person and not on a screen. It was actually really weird for me because seeing everyone was really different and we actually got to sit next to each other.


Today the whole school honored Mr Burt for his award that he got from the queen. There are a small number of people in New Zealand that have this award and we are all very very proud of him. The senior block sang a beautiful song for him and then the whole school stood up and sang another song.



I was getting a bit emotional while singing the song because Mr Burt has done a lot of things for my family. He helped pay for my Chromebook and he also taught my dad, all my dad’s brothers, and both my dad's sister. They all have moved on with their lives and now are bringing their kids to Pt England.



So on behalf of me and my family I would like to say thank you for everything.

1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Jane,

    That is amazing that so many members of your family have come to Pt England! Mr Burt has certainly done a lot for a lot of people, he truly deserved his medal.

    ReplyDelete