Pages

Tuesday 11 June 2019

40 Hour Famine

On Friday some of my friends and I came to school to raise money for people that do not have shelter, food or clean water in South Sudan. We took part in this years 40 Hour Famine. 

When I first entered the school I saw some friends playing and talking in the hall. So I went and started playing dodgeball and then started talking with my friends until they called us all to come and sit down. Mrs Lagitupu told us all that we were going to create an item, we could either sing, dance, or do stand up comedy. So when we got sent away and made up our dance we all came back to the hall to do our items. Me and my group did a dance and we got fourth place. My group and I were very disappointed but then the girls in the other team needed help so me and my cousin Oalii went and helped them win. So in a way we won and lost. 

After the dance battle we got to chose what we did, we could either come in creative space and catch up on some of our work from class, The other two things that we could do we could watch a movie in the staff room or we could stay in the library and sit and talk and play board games. 

After the movie was over and everyone finished what they were doing we all went to the library and went to sleep. 
I really enjoyed doing this because it was fun and it was for a good cause. I hope I have the opportunity to do this again next year. 



1 comment:

  1. Hi Jane, Great pic of the faminers (its not a word I made it up) If your brother wasn't so sick I would've slept over and joined in, sorry about that it couldn't be helped, great to catch up with Miss Haare and Miss Wylma Erick though.

    ReplyDelete